Monday, June 22, 2009

Womens Fitness Tip - A Top Priority


When I tell people my thoughts on womens fitness, I'm not sure they truly grasp the meaning of the idea that fitness has to be a top priority. I see them shaking their heads and I get a uh-huh, but I think that what is really happening is that somewhere in the process, the head is moving but their thoughts have already turned to something else they had on their mind.

=) That's okay, I know everyone is very busy. And I know it's a challenge to fit anything else into a schedule that already seems too busy, including beginning a fitness routine. I don't have kids myself but I do spend over 70 hours a week doing my job, I go to school, have band practice, take care of a dog that I feel is like my kid, and I d0 try to keep up a social life by staying in touch with friends and family. Believe me, it never seems like there is enough time for a workout. Well...there never seemed to be a enough time......back before I began. Funny thing now is that working out has become a normal part of everyday. In fact, I know I've missed something if I didn'get a planned workout in.

(If fitness is already a priority, check out Womens Fitness for some more great information.)

See for me womens fitness had to become a top priority. No, not my #1 priority, but a top one. I'm sure it resided within the first 5 positions. And in order to get it in everyday I had to treat my exercise as such a priority. Just as I am committed to devouting several hours a week to my job because it is a priority, working out became the same way. After all, it was my health at stake, I needed to make it a priority.

You can look at it this way. If you are married, your husband is a priority. How much time do you focus on him? If you have kids, your kids are a priority. How much time do you focus on them. What about your career, volunteer/social work, church service, etc. If those are your priorities how much time do you spend on them. For your womens fitness you need to commit time and focus on it as a priority the same as you do your family, kids, job, etc., as it should be a priority to you as well.

Now you could say you just don't have any extra time. That might really be true. But first I would ask you to track the hours in your day to see where your time is spent and how much time is spent doing them. The tasks you spend the most time are what you've made a priority. The question is, "Are those the priorities you want?

(Learn more tips to help you reach your goals at womens fitness.)

Do you spend a couple hours a day in front of the television? How about surfing the web? How about cleaning the house, or talking on the phone with a friend about so and so and what they did? If so, these have become priorities to which I again ask, "Are these the priorities you want?"

No one said you had to stop doing any of the things you enjoy just to work out. Here are some options, turn off the television for half an hour out of the two that you may watch it...Thank you DVR. Walk away from the web, leave the table dusty, or cut the evening phone call short for that time. Trust me, after doing this, you'll appreciate your new priority and you'll feel better about it. I can assure everyone, exercise provides more stress release, relaxation, and good feelings than doing any of those other options.

So for your womens fitness, make it a top priority. The funny thing is that after 4 to 6 weeks it will automatically just become a way of life. Looking back after that transition you'll be glad about the priorities you made.




(For answers about how to get healthy and into great shape, go to womens fitness




To your ultimate health,




Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment